Many people wonder if it is really possible to promote a business website at no cost. Is there such a thing as “free” website promotion?
I think there is, and with current economic conditions, it is also a perfect solution to the need to control costs. For unemployed people starting a home business on a shoestring, it could also be a life saver.
If a new business owner learns some basic techniques he or she can promote a website through nothing but their own hard work. If you can afford a little help, the results will be even more dramatic.
In fact, there are many well-documented cases of websites experiencing large flows of visitor traffic through the application of the ideas and methods discussed in this article.
So here are the top ways to publicize and promote a website in order to get new visitors and new customers for your online business, or any small business. Note: More detail on these methods will be found in some of my later articles.
- List Your website in over 1400 free internet directories
- Find the right forums to join and lead
- Make the news with weekly free press releases
- Make New Internet Friends Who Will Help You Get Traffic
- Write articles every day and distribute them to a wide audience who will look upon you as an expert.
- Put your website address on your business cards and stationary
- Swap ads with other website owners to get free advertising
- Start a blog and get people to follow it who are current or future customers
- Open a free Twitter account and coordinate it with your blog postings
- Open Facebook and MySpace accounts and invite to join your current and future customers
- Whenever you make a blog post, write an article or issue a press release, post a free notice on social networking sites like Digg, Delicious, or StumbleUpon.
- Make some free videos about your business with your camcorder and post them on YouTube as well as your blog and Facebook account. Let people know they can watch the videos to learn about your business. Make a video about each article and press release you write.
There are probably a few things I’ve forgotten in writing this article, but I hope you get the picture. With the advent of social media, blogs, and a 24/7 news cycle there is no end to the opportunities you have to promote your business online — for free!